Thursday, January 20, 2011

POTSTICKERS, PILE OF HOUNDS AND PHOUL WEATHER

That's right - phoul - phor the phonetically challenged types (no- it just kept with all the p's in the previous words).
This was my sad, damn cold winter day today:

I am often challenged by breakfast, mainly because i now try to eat better then i ever have and because most breakfast foods are bad for you: sausage, bacon (although i really do love bacon), bread, sweet breads. All that stuff really isn't very good for you, well if you compare it to what is: like fresh fruit and vegetables.  And think about it:  a full plate of bleached white flour, with milk and some leavening = pancakes! Yuck, plus add that syrup and butter to the top just to make it edible, double yuck!  For me, anyway.  So i have to be quite creative in my food choices.  And as i am thinking about this, maybe potstickers were not the best example in comparing bad breakfast foods to good breakfast foods, but i regress.  So i had potstickers for breakfast.  and they tasted good! : )
Nummy potstickers frying the pan - grease almost hit my lens!







































Then the next part of my day, as i settled into write on the blog and check my Facebook pages (when really i should be thinking of more important things i should be doing like getting the tax stuff together or replacing the tile in the foyer - but i regress), i found a PILE OF HOUNDS on the couch.  Now this is nothing new really for my girls but i thought i would share the beauty:


















Now the next part of my day belongs outside because dear old mother nature has sought revenge on MN again this year and there are to be windchill factors of -25 to -30 degrees tonight.  Yes, your heard me right - NEGATIVE 30!  All this does is create more work for me, because i can't leave the horses out there in that kind of weather when they don't have a three sided shelter in which to stand under.  So i will be bringing them in to their stalls tonight.  Ahhhh.... life on the farm.

This is the weather forecast for the next 12 hours, and yes that is a FEELS LIKE of -29 at 11 pm tonight folks!

Weather Warnings
Thursday Jan 20
TimeForecastTempFeels LikeWindHumidityPrecip ChanceUV Index
12 PMBlowing Snow
Blowing Snow
-12°22 mph NW69%40%1
1 PMBlowing Snow
Blowing Snow
-14°21 mph NW69%40%1
2 PMBlowing Snow
Blowing Snow
-16°21 mph NW69%40%1
3 PMBlowing Snow
Blowing Snow
-17°21 mph NW69%40%1
4 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-19°19 mph NW70%0%0
5 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-1°-22°18 mph NW72%0%0
6 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-3°-24°16 mph NW74%0%0
7 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-4°-25°15 mph NW75%0%0
8 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-6°-26°14 mph NW76%0%0
9 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-7°-27°13 mph NW78%0%0
10 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-9°-28°11 mph WNW79%0%0
11 PMPartly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
-11°-29°10 mph WNW80%0%0


But at least the sun is shining~!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn -- just love reading your blog, you actually help to motivate me ;) to work on my various leather projects, to work on my personal writings and so on. Smiling! Did you know your work could be so powerful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! that means alot to me. I have been having fun with this and i am glad you have been inspired by my own personal need to create. : )

    ReplyDelete