Thursday, January 20, 2011

LOCAVORE - THAT'S ME!

I am also so local that most of my food comes from my garden, the erst i get from my local farmers at the market. I don't and can't raise my animals for meat, so i support the little guy who can.  My fav is bison meat and I buy that from Ron Shepherd's farm. Which if you don;t know is better for you then chicken in the light meat category: its lower in fat cholesterol and calories then chicken!  How cool is that?

 But as everyone knows sometimes its difficult to eat well when there is 3 feet of snow and the only vegetables left are squash and maybe the occasional beet.  So i do buy some occasional fruit or veggies from the store.  I was referred to this article on Facebook today and this woman's thoughts are the same as mine, so i thought i would share.
Practical Locavorism: Bananas in Winter

Soon - the garden will be growing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment