Monday, January 14, 2013

WE GOT OUR JOHN DEERE HATS!

Yessiree!  We did!  After the purchase of our John Deere tractor, we received a survey in the mail.  After filling out this survey and returning it to John Deere, they stated they would send us a John Deere hat of our choice for free as compensation for our time. I like free stuff. So I filled out the survey. And since Bob already got a hat at the dealership when we purchased the tractor, I decided I needed one too.  However, John Deere is stereotypical in their understanding of men and women and assume that a women should were pink. Men green, women pink.

 I haven't worn pink, ever.

My main reasoning for this is just because of this concept of gender sterotypes. Blue for boys, pink for girls.  I used to dress my girls in the most vibrant, splashy bright colors I could, never pink and never pastels.  Down with gender bias! Ugh!

But… I didn't want the same hat as Bob, I had to be different, so maybe now I'll wear pink.  But only when I am driving the tractor!  Well, maybe only in the summer, because it will clash with my new purple Carhardtt jacket.

So here's my new hat:

It super cool, it says, "Owners Edition" on the brim.















Bob's doesn't.














And here they are side by side.  Mine is still pink.  Bob's is still green.









and here's the best part - mine has their tagline on the back, "Nothing runs like a deere."









I win!!  Even if I have to wear pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment