Saturday, January 5, 2013

TURKEY NOODLE SOUP KINDA DAY!

After my failed attempt  a Creamy Turkey and Wild Rice Soup the other day, I went to the Rochester Downtown Farmer's Market and got me some other carrots - some orange, some yellow.  (I also got some wonderful meats that I will be trying out some new ideas on in the next few weeks - stay tuned)  And also made a mental note that if I were to add purple carrots again to a soup, I probably should add them after I cook them in a separate container.  Alas!  we live and learn, and that's been my whole life, really, learning - a perpetual student. And crazy person.  And fun and likes to drive tractors. Drink Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain…  No, just kidding on that last one.  Did I just date myself??

So hear we go:

TURKEY NOODLE SOUP

The cast of characters:

1 cup leftover turkey
2 carrots
2 celery stalks
1/2 small onion
1/4 cup of mushrooms
4 cups chicken stock or bouillon
1 cup dry noodles (I used brown rice flour Gluten Free noodles)
seasoning to your taste:  I used 1 Tbs garlic salt (my fav), 1 Tbs Mrs. Dash's garlic & herb seasoning
Salt & Pepper

Chop all the veggies

boil noodles according to package, strain and set aside














heat up the chicken stock and add your seasoning

add the veggies and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes













add noodles

and Walah!  Turkey Noodle Soup!
















and to make it a creamy soup, I added 1/2 cup of milk whisked with 1 Tbs of Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten Free Baking Flour (you can use any flour if your not Gluten free)














and Walah!  Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup!


No comments:

Post a Comment