Tuesday, January 29, 2013

MY SHOULDERS ARE STUCK TO MY EARLOBES

earlobes. shoulders. stuck. together.

Yes, this is what is happening to me right now.  It's not like I really live a stressful life, but something very stressful happened last week to me.  So stressful that I thought my entire reputation could have been ruined and that led to the glueing of my shoulders to my earlobes.  You know what I mean, when your shoulders keep rising closer and closer to your ears as you are stressing out?  I'm clinching my teeth and fuming, scrambling to save my reputation from being flushed down the toilet, all because I trusted someone, and I probably shouldn't have.  Oh well, live and learn in that matter.

However when it leads to one being so stressed out that my entire body goes into shock and I can't move my neck and the pain is so excruciating that even double doses of Tylenol with Codeine don't stop the pain, then you know you are in trouble. And it's time to take a break. I work hard to try and stay in homeostasis - on a daily basis really - but this incident really hurt.  I've been a victim of stress since I was a teenager, suffering from an estranged esophagus when I when 17, so I do my best to keep some down time on my agenda as much as possible, meditate and take long trial rides when possible to forget about reality.

So I made an appointment to see my chiropractor today.  He unglued my earlobes form the top of my shoulders and I feel a little better and get to go back tomorrow, although I'm not heeding most of his advice: stay off the computer, don't ride a horse, and drink some wine.  One out of three ain't bad.  Ok, two, I just am on the computer.

So this one will be short because I can already feel the tension coming back into my shoulders and my health means more to me then most things.  And maybe I'll save myself if my editor from Fuel Your Photography reads this, he'll understand why I didn't get that article written yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment