Sunday, November 7, 2010

"He has really big nuts!"

So the other night when we where filming Barn Bar, Bob come up to me and hands me a wad of cash and says, "I completed the goat transaction."  What?  "The guy, he came and got the goat."  What?  "The goat, the little buck, the guy came and picked him up."  I have no idea what you are talking about!  "Well the guy handed me the money, grabbed the goat and as he was heading down the driveway, exclaimed 'He has really big nuts!' He said it proudly as he pranced down the driveway, carrying the goat in his arms. And to know that those big nuts were a part of our breeding program, made me proud."

So this story all began about July after i put an ad on Craigslist.  Young Buck available. Can be registered. Well my only problem was the gentleman who ended up wanting to buy him, really wanted him registered.  So i thought to myself, 'oh, my! the long phone conversation with the Dairy Goat Association, trying to figure out if i registered the mom, cuz i can't find the registration papers and can't remember from, what 4 years ago? if i actually did register her.  I know i registered Ezzy but i am so disorganized, i don't know where i put the papers.  At least they weren't in the filing cabinet with the other vet papers.'  So i put it off, then i went to Chicago with Madison to Lollapalooza, then after we got back Bob's dad passed away, then I found out that the class i was hired to teach at the college actually made the cut, so i had 5 days in which to prep the class, then well, whatever life brings.... this poor guy was waiting for me to call and let him know if i could register him.  Well he showed up last week, "Do you remember me?" 'Oh my yes!  You still want him?  I was just thinking that i really needed to get rid of him before he becomes sexually mature and starts an in-breeding program.'  I let him know that i would work on that as quickly as i could but never thought that we decided he would just take the goat.  But i guess he did.

The sad part is i didn't even get to say goodbye to that handsome young man.  This is only the second goat i have sold.  Last one was to my best friend from Illinois, and there's a long story there, maybe she will share that one someday as my guest Blogger. I love all my goats so much, I've had a hard time selling any of them.

Hope you will live a happy, long, life Dionysus!  I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment