Monday, November 15, 2010

The Amazing Feat: NO Computer or Cell Phone for 7 Full Days! Can She Do It????

yes, the snow has arrived, well a little anyway.  But honestly - its November!  And the entire month of October and these two weeks in November have been the best weather i think, since we moved here 7 years ago!  It was beautifully warm - 70's most days- i have no complaints about this fall.



 But i still am not ready.  I have a long list of things to get done:  put up the snow fence for the hens, put the spring on the barn door, give the goats their shots and trim their hooves (way overdue for that), and the list goes on.  So i decided that this was not going to be finished unless i got my sh#% together and i decided to eliminate the computer and cell phone from my nimble fingers, my mind, and my life for a entire week!  yes, this can be done!  I certainly got a lot of "likes" on my Facebook page when i announced that last week! Yes, I will be away from my computer,  but i will be setting up my new office, cleaning the house; all those things that have not been done, or put off because i had too much work to get done elsewhere. I have faith that i can do this however it is now 9 pm the day before this amazing feat was scheduled to begin, i am rushing to get all these things done on the computer before the midnight deadline.  So here i am, typing away, announcing my amazing feat to the world, but i am filled with this strange feeling that i will not be able to prep for class, get the new website done, and upload the pictures of Laura & Jordan's wedding on it, by midnight!  The clock is mocking me: tick, tick, tick, tick, tick.....But maybe i can.  How the hell am I gonna pull this off i don't know, seeing as 90% of my work lately is on the computer.


Anyway -- have no fear, my friends!  I will be blogging away this week, because i will not be on the computer, i will actually be doing this the old fashioned way:  I will be WRITING, with INK, on PAPER, and remembering things that happened and thinking of all those other events and animal stories i have to share.  I thought of some of the amazing people we met over the last 7 years, and the things we have done, and i must get it down on paper. I will share all these with you next week.

And if you are worried about this, thinking, "Gosh!  What will she do with her time?"  Really?  I mean, Really?  I might actually read a book!  Or actually spend some down time with myself, my farm or take my camera on a trip.  A vision quest sans technology! Sounds like i will have MORE then enough to do.  And its ALL Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment