Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Again, we lost another piece of our life to old age:  our camper died!  yes, my dear, sweet, old camper bit the dust.  Our last trip out was on the fourth of July.  It was a desperate case of wanting to get the heck outta  here and camp!  At that time the state government were fighting like school children, "I know you are but what am I?"  and they closed down for a few weeks.  Now most people would be a little concerned when their husband may be laid off because of a state shutdown, but my main concern was the horse camping trails!  Where was I gonna ride if they closed down the state parks??????

So we went to Wisconsin and drove all the way out to Wildcat Creek state park.  Maybe this was a little too far for my old beast, even though she handled it quite well, there was this downhill on they way there that was so long and scary, all i could think of was, "She'll NEVER make it back up this!"  I asked the ranger for a flatter way back and luckily I did because a few weeks later when i took her out again to go for a day ride to the Bottoms, she stalled.  $130 for a tow and a friend's diagnosis of her failure later: she's dead, a blown piston.

So i moved her old, creaky body to it's final resting place - beside the garage near the pole barn. She is now designated as a guest place. Since everything works in her but the engine, it should be a nice place to stay.
So was this #7 or #8 of things going wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment