Monday, August 1, 2011

APPLE ALERT!

Yes, these are apples.  And yes this is the year for apples. I say this year because apple trees produce ALOT every other year, and it's the every other year, year. We have four apple trees and each year i say to myself, "I must get out there and get all those apples and make apple sauce and apple chutney and apple butter and apple pies and..."  but what do ya know? by the time the apples are ready i am SO done with canning tomatoes that i have no energy or gumption to even think of picking apples and making something out of them.  So again i get that "Blah!"  look on  my face and ignore the apples.  But i do give as many as i can to the horses, and the goats, and the deer don't have a problem coming around and eating them at night when were not looking. Deer are sneaky like that.
If anyone is interested in apple pickin' this year, call me!  I will be happy to share.





This is Ellisium, she is a happy goat.

No comments:

Post a Comment