Tuesday, April 19, 2011

OH SPRING MUST REALLY BE HERE! - NOT!

I know, what was it last weekend it was 80 degrees and this week we have a winter storm warning.   Not a happy girl!  But the best news, and the reason i have not been logging on is this:  i am in on a REALLY big, important series of work that just may bring me back to my old self!

Last Monday, Tuesday and Thursday i spent the day with this fabulous poet, Michelle Fimon, who decided to share in my adventure of creating a series of images for a show in the lobby of the Rochester Civic Theatre.  It was exhausting and exhilarating at the same time!

I had an idea for this series when i was asked to do the show in the lobby - oh, about 2 weeks ago.  My first idea was to take images of women survivors.  But now its turned into just one survivor: Michelle.

I am being very vague here because the whole impact of these images will be lost unless you personally visit the show.  We collaborated in such a way as to recreate what she wrote in the poems, into images in print.  It involved a lot of work, time, blood, sweat, and tears (well maybe not the blood)  and I am really excited on how they turned out.

Stay tuned for the latest…..

No comments:

Post a Comment