Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Live on a Crooked Farm

Nothing is straight here, not the driveway, not the walls, nor the hallways, or the barns or floor, everything is crooked, off or just plain tilted.

While our entire farm is crooked, and the fact that i live with a husband that really doesn't mind that it is, i continue to struggle with it. Call it perfectionism or not, or maybe its my artistic eye forcing me to notice the slightest difference in proportion or line when looking at something if it is level or not. I am precise within an 1/4 inch. Not kidding! Once when we had put the counter on top of the bar in the basement, i sat looking at it that night, swearing to God that it was off a little; one side was higher then the other. Bob of course got up to measure it to prove me wrong. but alas! i am the winner. It was just a mere 1/4 inch difference from the left side then the right.
I hate being right all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment