Monday, December 12, 2011

LIFE ON THE FARM - AT CHRISTMAS TIME

We decided to get the tree this past weekend and pickin's were slim out there!  Really, I mean Christmas is still a couple weeks away, how long does one really need a tree set up in their house?  Anyway, we put it up and I got out my Santa hat and put on the bad Christmas music and we decorated the tree. In between studying for finals at college for my 17 y.o., Madison, she took a moment to come out and help.
  Then I looked at her and said, "Gosh Maddie, you are as tall as the tree!"  and then my fears were realized once again - things are changing and my daughters are getting older.  I fondly remembered when we had to hold her up to the top of the tree to put the angel on; her favorite activity when decorating.  And now she can just stand next to it.
OK, granted, we've been buying shorter and shorter trees nowadays (I used to insist that they be a tall as the ceiling was high! but I have lightened up a little)  but this was alarming.  My baby girl is all growned up! Waaaaaah!  I don't like all this changing around here.

Notice Oaky Dokey under the tree and Louisa by the fire.

Louisa never did leave the fire the whole time, well she never does, ever

Then I found Tiki in the lights.
 She was gettin' all cozy and warm with them.  Twirlin' around.


Bob made his infamous ham and beans for dinner.



I made the corn muffins.

 Then we snuggled up on the couch and watched our favorite serial killer, Dexter.

It was another splendid day on the Sanctuary!

No comments:

Post a Comment