Saturday, December 11, 2010

SNOW - AGAIN, BUT THIS TIME MOTHER NATURE IS SERIOUS!

Yes, i awoke this morning to hear Bob telling me of the impending snow storm and below zero wind chills. yay!  But I woke up and chose to be happy today so it didn't bother me.
Its nasty out there!


I went out to feed, and realized that i probably should get the stalls ready in the stables for the horses for the next two nights, since the weather channel predicts -30 wind chills for tomorrow night.  I noticed Spice was trembling when i gave her her hay, so i brought her into the goat barn and put her in the extra stall there for the day.  Today the horses should be good, i will give them an extra feeding to keep warm tonight.

I went out and got the stalls ready, filled up the heated water buckets and turned them on. Fixed the latch  on the door that leads out towards the garden and put in each stall a good helping of hay, so when i do go out there to bring the horses in, its already done.  Now you may say what's the difference?  Do it now or later but, for me doing it in the morning seems easier.  I know, but that's me.

I also went to re-cover the small hay bales that are out in the stables because they had fallen down off of them, and noticed that the hens that have been getting out decided they should lay their eggs on top of the hay bales.  I found about a dozen and half.  This happens sometimes, when they get out they like to find 'other' spaces in which to lay their eggs.  I've found them in many strange places over the years.


So after being out there for about an hour and half, Bob calls me on my cell to find out if I am ok.  I just laughed, i was wondering how long it would take him to call.

But its all ready out there - the horses will be warm and safe for the bitter cold nights.  So glad we got thoses stables done years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment